Our Critical Illness Recovery Plan™ policy offers you our most complete and flexible critical illness insurance—providing a lump-sum benefit and valuable assistance services to help you and your family cope with the financial and non-financial challenges of a serious illness.
This plan is ideal if you:
- are 18 through 65 years of age and want to be protected against the financial consequences of suffering from a covered critical illness or condition
- want to choose a lump-sum benefit amount between $25,000 and $2 million
- need flexible premium and term options or the ability to purchase additional benefits for even more protection
- want to complement an existing income protection or disability plan—or your health or income prevent you from qualifying for income or disability protection
Features and Benefits of the Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy
Explore the links below for details on this comprehensive critical illness insurance plan:
Covered critical illnesses and conditions
The Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy pays a lump-sum benefit if you are diagnosed with any of the following covered critical illnesses or conditions and satisfy the survival period, as defined by the policy:
|Benign brain tumour||Blindness|
|Cancer||Coma||Coronary artery bypass surgery|
|Deafness||Functional dependence‡ Heart valve replacement surgery
|Chronic kidney failure|
|Loss of limbs
Loss of speech
|Major organ transplant||Multiple sclerosis|
|Motor neuron disease||Occupational HIV infection||Paralysis|
|Parkinson disease||Severe burns||Stroke|
‡ Functional dependence is included in non-cancellable plans only.
Flexible premium and term options
Select from multiple options to choose the plan that’s right for you:
- Level premiums to age 100. Roger Menard Insurance® will not change the plan benefits or premiums from those stated in the policy.
- Level premiums to age 75. Roger Menard Insurance will not change the plan benefits or premiums from those stated in the policy.
- Level premiums to age 65 or 75. Roger Menard Insurance will not change the plan benefits, but the premiums may be subject to change. However, we cannot change the premium unless we do so for an entire group of policyholders sharing similar characteristics.
- Ten-year term renewable to age 75. Premiums are regularly scheduled to change every ten years.
Valuable, additional benefits built right in
Our Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy does more than just provide you with a claim cheque. A unique combination of assistance services are included in your plan at no additional cost:
- Best Doctors* service: Gain access to diagnostic and treatment insight from the world’s top medical experts and specialists on your condition.
- Daily Living Assistance: Get information and resources to help you and your family manage day-to-day activities, as well as access to your very own care coach (a specially trained consultant).
- “The Healing Journey” program: Get support to help you deal with the stress associated with a critical illness.
- Early assistance benefit: Without reducing your critical illness benefit for future claims, this pays 10% of the critical illness benefit you’ve purchased (to a maximum of $50,000) in the event you are diagnosed with and satisfy the survival period for one of the following defined serious illnesses or conditions:
- Early prostate cancer
- Early breast cancer
- Early skin cancer
- Coronary angioplasty
Note: The early assistance benefit is payable only once.
- Long-term care conversion benefit: From age 55 to 65, it allows you to convert all or a portion of your critical illness coverage to long-term care insurance offered by Roger Menard Insurance without having to submit proof of insurability.
Optional protections you can purchase
- Return of premium: Your policy can refund 50% of your premium payments at the later of: your 10th policy anniversary or when you reach age 55. You may elect to either fully or partially terminate your Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy. The refund amount increases by 5% each year until it reaches 100% at the 20th policy anniversary or you have reached age 65.
- Return of premium on expiry: This rider can refund 100% of your premium payments when your plan expires at age 75.††
- Scheduled increase benefit: On every second policy anniversary, your benefit increases by 20% of the original amount, for ten years.
- Functional dependence benefit: Provides financial protection for some of the costs associated with severely debilitating medical problems that leave you unable to carry out two or more activities of daily living or you become cognitively impaired, as defined by the policy. †††
- Disability waiver of premium benefit: After you have been disabled for 90 consecutive days, Roger Menard Insurance pays the premiums that come due while you are disabled. We also refund the premiums paid during those first 90 days. “Disabled” means the insured is unable to perform any occupation for which they are reasonably suited by education, training or experience.
- Limited premium payment option: This option (available on the level premiums to age 75 plan) allows you to accelerate your premium payments to age 65, while coverage remains in force until you reach age 75.
- Return of premium on death: If you die while the policy is in force, we will refund all of the premiums you have paid.
†† This option is available when you combine the level premiums to age 75 plans with the limited premium payment option.
††† Functional dependence is included in non-cancellable plans only. For all other plans, functional dependence is an optional coverage that can be purchased