If you’re an employer, your business is your livelihood, your security and your investment. Your employees and your partners are key to the success of your business. Should anything happen to them, you want to make sure that they are going to be all right. And that you’ll be all right too.
If you are an employee and have a dental, medical, disability or life claim to make, our representatives will work with you to make sure that your claim is completed quickly and efficiently.
What to do in a claim situation if you’re an employer
There are forms available for each type of claim. The instructions on what to do vary with the type of claim – you will find the instructions on each form.
All the different forms (e.g. dental, medical, disability, life) are in the administration package that you received from us. Make sure that you keep these forms handy in case your employees need copies. If you run out of forms, you can order more by calling the number in your Administration Guide.
What to do in a claim situation if you’re an employee
Your employer might have given you an information package about the details of your employee benefit program. The benefits that you are entitled to are indicated in this package. The package might also include samples of the forms for each type of claim (dental, medical, etc).
- You will have a form to complete.
- There are different forms for dental, disability, medical, etc. The instructions on how to proceed are on each form. If you’re not sure which form to use – or if you don’t have the form, your employer should be able to provide you with the appropriate claim form. If you’re not sure which form to use, we’ll be happy to help.
- Keep all your receipts for health related expenses. You’ll need them when you send us your claim.
- Once you have completed the form, all you need to do is send it to us, and we’ll handle the rest.
- You will have to submit your claim within a certain period of time. This timeframe varies by product, and will be outlined in your booklet or certificate.
If you have your insurance policy handy when you call, it will make it easier for us to help you. But if you don’t have it, don’t worry, we’ll still be able to care for and assist you in your time of need.
As phone numbers may vary, refer to your Administration Guide or your Employee booklet on ways to contact us.